Equipping RDs + Public Health Professionals as Food Systems Leaders
This event is open to RDNs, Nutrition, and Public Health professionals interested in a profession-focused synthesis of the nutrition-health-agriculture Nexus and actively engaging in systemic thinking, visioning, and action with fellow attendees.
*Attendance to the June/”Understanding the Nutrition-Health-Agriculture Nexus to Improve Resiliency of Iowa Communities” educational event is not required to attend this event.
Full Event Description:
- Date and time: July 6th, 8:30a-2:30p CST
- Location: FFA Enrichment Center (DMACC Ankeny Campus)
- Audience: Dietitians, Nutrition professionals, and Public Health practitioners; (students also welcome!)
- Attendance limit: 50
- Cost: FREE
- CPEUs for RDNs: 3.5
- Amenities: Free Parking; Lite Breakfast, Refreshments, and a Local Lunch!
Event Goal: Engage RDNs and Public Health professionals in a deep synthesis of the nutrition-health-agriculture Nexus and how to become an effective, vital player (or leader) within Iowa’s food systems framework through systemic thinking, visioning, and action.
- Define the role of RDNs and/or Public Health professionals as players (or leaders) within the Nexus in Iowa
- Analyze strategies to engage current and future opportunities to integrate RDNs & Public Health professionals into food systems work
- Identify avenues to address barriers that prevent this multidisciplinary approach to food systems
- Utilize systemic action strategies to build a collaborative vision for positioning RDNs and/or Public Health professionals as food systems leaders at the professional, organizational, and systems-level
- Post-event recordings & Resources – TBD
- Items attendees should bring with them to this training: Reusable water bottle and note-taking materials. A mask is recommended, but not required (at this moment).
- UNI Center for Energy and Environmental Education
- Farming for Public Health
- Practical Farmers of Iowa
- Iowa Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
- Iowa Public Health Association
- Iowa Food System Coalition
- Iowa Healthiest State Initiatives
Questions about this event? Email Allie at Allison.P.Lansman@dmu.edu